• Members

I jumped ship to The Gear Page years ago when this place changed their format away from VBulletin. After they did that, the site was too difficult to navigate. I think a lot of others followed suit and I don't think it's ever recovered from that mass exodus. I just happened to check back here about a month ago on a whim and found out that they moved back to VBulletin. Might be too little too late.

The Gear Page is a lot more focused on gear and keeps off topic discussions to a minimum. If I want to argue politics or random things, I don't want to do it on a music gear forum.

• Members
I check here often as well' date=' but nothing is ever going on. I think it has a lot to do with the lack of email notifications for subscribed threads, but I could be wrong. I know it bothers me though.[/quote']

recently ive had good advice and learned a bit in here... for me, thats something... i offered a challenge not long ago... some responded in the box, not paying attention to the needs represented but more to the “tried and true “ technique relied upon for others in the past, to remedy their perception of what i was asking. so i would disagree, stating that indeed things go on here, some things that are cutting edge, too new to have cut and dried formulas waiting in the wings... but this place, just as any other, will only give you what you bother to put in... opportunity abounds, make of it what you will!

• Members
for the record' date=' “ merry christmas” the thread, is about way more than christmas... maybe we need to read more than whats on the surface? [/quote']

True but it was started 12/24/17 and stayed on top or close to it for a very long time and look at how many new threads have been added. Here it is Feb. 11th and its still near the top. If you look at my joined date you'll see I've been here a long time. (Still here) but saddly its slowed down. I hope it picks up!

• Members

well, it would come back to the top every time someone else poasted... and having content that appealed to the hearts of those that still frequent this board... it only stands to reason that a quality thread would remian on top even in a relatively busy forum, let alone in one more slow such as this... i hope this helps.

• Members
Technical issues started over a decade ago. It's been a comedy of errors ever since. To this day things still don't work. As mentioned' date=' email notifications. Without it you aren't going to get engagement, period.[/quote']

Agreed. While this was a great forum for many years, there were way too many catastrophic missteps and the load of straws finally broke the camel's back. While I check in here from time to time, I spend way more time on TalkBass which ironically is closer to what this forum used to be like in its better days. If you need to get hold of me, I'm agedhorse over at talkbass.

• Members

harmony centralforums ghost town

I check the forums daily and plan to continue!!

for me to respond to a post it has to be an unawnsered postand one that needs a gig level solution as im not into installed sound or limitations imposed by gear riders my solutions tend to be at a level that nusicians can afford

topics I think need brought up? what daw are u using to replace cakewalk sonar?

handheld stage condenser mics vs dynamic mics!i LOVE MY AKG c5 CONDENSER!! WHEN iGET MORE MONEY iWILL MOVE UP TTO THE akg c7 OR akg c636

BEST BANGFOR THE BUCKS MIC PRE WITH REVERB COMPRESSOR EQ!

hOW TO BUILD yOUR own gig!! IE GET A PERMIT BRING CHAIRS PLASTIC TABLES FOR THE AUDENCE AND SELL FOOD ANDDRINKSCIGARETTES POPECT

FIND OUT WHAT EACH TYPE OF AUDIENCE LIKES BEST! AS FAR AS COVERS MUSIC GENRE

• 4 weeks later...

Archived