It;s coming

• Members

As most of you know, the FCC auctioned off most of the 600MHz band last Feb. And while the use of wireless mics in this band won't technically become illegal for 36 months it will become impossible to operate there once mobile carriers like T-mobile begin to turn on equipment.

T-mobile will begin in Cheyenne WY and Portland ME on July 31st 2017 and then proceed to fill the entire country over the following months and years.

https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/20...ollout-details

So start making plans to move away from your 600MHz wireless and down into the 500s. Manufacturers are offering rebates for returned gear. But with everyone moving down into the 500mhz band there will be a lot less usable space there. You will need to learn "best practices" to reliably stay on the air.

So reducing interference from unintended RF sources will become paramount in the coming months. Here's an example (ok,slightly spammy) of some things you will find greatly beneficial to maintaining radio reliability in the very near future with whatever brand of gear you are using.

http://blog.rfvenue.com/spotlight-ba..._hsmi=53781140

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I currently have four Audiotechnica 3000 wireless units in my inventory. They operate in the 650-660 bandwidth....and yes, I know about the sell off of bandwidth by the FCC. Audiotechnica is currently offering a rebate for returned units (75.00 I believe). I am wondering, is there anywhere (Canada??) that is not affected by the FCC?? The units are excellent and I plan to replace them with similar units in an unaffected bandwidth. I would be interested in selling the units to someone that can use them rather than "junk 'em". Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...

Archived