Apple Airport Express

• Members

Got my airport express and got it connected. Named my new network Virusflo haha (maybe that will scare some off). I notice that the unit will look for the least crowded network but how do you pin it to the 5K network? or should I just leave it in the auto mode?

• Members

Found this on the filthy internet:

Normally, when the AirPort Express is configured to "Join" or "Extend" a wireless network, it will look at both the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band and choose the best quality, or strongest signal......which is almost always going to be 2.4 GHz if the signal has to pass through any obstructions like walls or ceilings.

You can "force" the Express to connect to the 5 GHz band, but in order to do so, you must setup the Time Capsule to provide a separate name for the 5 GHz network. Once that is done, you can "point" the AirPort Express to that specific network.

• Members

Used the airport express last last night at a crowded bar and no problems at all. Had some latency before even on a good night but that is all gone. XR series would be so much better if they had a plus version that had a good wifi receiver. Probably saving 30 dollars caused a lot of people to be upset with this mixer. Great digital mixer undermined by a crappy wifi.

Archived