NYE. Fun gig.

• Members

Questions on mission control. I have Yorkville EF500p's with Yorkville LS801pb subs which are powered and use 4 active EV SXA250 for monitors as well as some powered Peavey PV15 monitors.If I remember right your tops and subs are powered as well. I see 8 channels of power amps available so I take it the monitors are all passive? Also it looks like a patch bay / split of some sort under the mixer. Do you have a second mixer for In Ears or monitor speakers or is this for recording of some sort?

Last what are those cables plugged into just above the second amp down in the picture?

Thanks;

Doug

• Members

My tops, Unity15's are passive. The top power amp is an IPR3000, with the crossover in the same rack. The rest of the amps are IPR1600's for all the monitors.

That lower piece of gear with the XLR cables going to it is a DMX splitter. The far left is the input. Then the next one goes to the front lights. The middle one goes down to the hazer and the last one goes to the rear light. I could daisy chain them all but the splitter is easier

The mixer sitting on top is actually considered a control surface for the rack mount mixer. Moving faders, recording control etc. Handier than an iPad in the middle of a gig. I don't want an iPad on my mic stand.

• Members

Everything looks well organised but I guess I'm getting old, 'cause the first thing I thought when I saw all that gear was - that doesn't look like fun, it's too much gear to be fun!

Currently, I've got my U15's parked at a twice a month house gig. I was going to let them go, but since they aren't taking up space at home, I guess I'll hold on to them. I just remembered I've got a third U15 and a Yorkville L608 in the basement. Anyone want a killer drum monitor :)

Happy New Year all.

Archived