Turbosound iP1000 Inspire

• Members

As a 5 piece classic rock band, where the kick drum is important, I just don't think it's going to happen with that setup. Does every person need one? What's the cost for each one? And why would I replace gear that's paid off and making money.

A buddy has a Bose one for a coffee house gig, and it works pretty good there. Just have to use the right tool for the job.

• Members

I use two of the IP2000 for a four piece classic rock band; guitar, guitar/keys, bass, electronic drums. I've used them in small (30-50 seat venues) and small outdoor shows. IMHO the Turbosounds outdo the Bose, as the turbos have better low end and a small horn for better high end sound. I set them up on either side of the backline and use them as both foh and monitors; they have worked quite well for me. In addition my wife has one she uses for hosting karoke shows in 50-100 seat venues. It works well for her, also. I wouldn't hesitate to use them in a 100-200 seat venue, but would use additional subs, as the turbo subs don't carry as well as the mids and highs. Given the difference in price between them and the Bose, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them anywhere this type of system would be appropriate. They are not an end-all solution by any means, but are a decent tool for some situations.

• Members

By the way, I switched to the turbos from a pair of Alto TS112as over a pair of Yorville PS210p subs, along with 4-6 monitors. Just using the turbos now for foh and monitors and like the sound better. We mix from stage so it's easier with the foh behind us as monitors. As always, ymmv.

• Members
I haven't tried the 1000 and so couldn't recommend it, but the 2000 words well for me. Given that the sound carries better than a typical 12+horn 123db us plenty for my applications. If such wouldn't work for you or the op, don't use it.

Yes because Uli has somehow figured out how to beat the laws of physics.

• Members

It doesn't break the laws of physics. Line arrays because of the vertical alignment of multiple drivers the sound doesn't drop off as fast. They carry further, for that plus there is a mnus close up. Up close they don't have a good balance. Concert venues deploy huge line arrays in a 'J' pattern for this reason. The speakers at the bottom loop are pointed at the front rows. http://http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/everything_you_wanted_to_know_about_line_arrays_and_thanks_for_asking/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_array

• Members

Those look quite interesting.

Kinda funny, one of my bands is plying a car show with an expected attendance of 5000 this Saturday. This is the band that uses two Bose L1's with the puny B1 cabs. I'll bring a couple of 15" subs to add to it (the Bose can drive them too). I'd bring a real PA but:

The start time in 9AM and an hour away for me :( .

It's a freebee benefit type of thing.

Most are there for the cars, I'd expect maybe 100 listening to us at any one time LOL.

• Members

A pair of the L1's used as FOH works OK. We normally face them in pointing at each other so we can monitor ourselves but tomorrow they will be facing out and that band has 2 powered monitors for the front they'll bring. They always give our deaf drummer one anyways LOL.

• Members
Те выглядят довольно интересно.

Любопытное смешно, один из моих полос курсирующих автомобиль шоу с ожидаемым участием 5000 в эту субботу. Это группа , которая использует два Bose L1 с ничтожной B1 кабинами .. [/ QUOTE]

RoadRanger, я вас правильно понял: 5000 зрителей!? и только пару Бозе?

• Members
RoadRanner' date=' I understand you correctly: 5000 spectators !? and only a couple of Bose?[/quote']Spectators for the car show - don't think we ever had more than a hundred in front of us. It was actually surprisingly loud - folks stayed about 20 feet back.. I had brought my PA system to offload the bass and kick from the Bose but couldn't use it due to lack of power available. The little Bose B1 subs did a surprisingly good job, especially considering I was running the bass direct no amp :) .

• Members

I've always thought that if someone could make a tower that didn't "honk" like the Bose and wasn't so expensive, they would sell a lot. Not sure if the Inspire fits that bill but it looks interesting.

I suspect though, that Bose, for the moment has the tower market largely locked down. Also, I must say that I have used many Bose systems over the last few years. Some old, some ancient, and a few new ones. Most of the systems I've used are in hotels, and are set up and torn down four or five nights a week, and often handled by non musicians. So far there have been no technical problems with them. Maybe Bose's price isn't just a reflection of their marketing costs, but also an indication of a commitment to quality control. Full disclosure I am usually a Bose basher, but I have come to live with and understand their product and appeal.

Archived