Yamaha LS9 USB recorder problem

• Members

This is for anyone familiar with a Yamaha LS9-16. I'm trying to playback files from a USB flash drive. I have formatted the drive from the Yammie recorder screen. It creates the YPE folder and the SONGS folder within it just like it should, But so far I have been unable to record to the drive. I then used my laptop to place a couple of files into the SONGS folder, and plugged it back into the LS9. When I hit play, it flashes a yellow banner across the screen that says "RECORDER: CODEC ERROR[0xFFFE1102] !". Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas on what to look for or do about it? When I boot up the console, it tells me that I'm running v1.35 if that helps.

• Members

I don't have direct experience with the LS9 but my Yamaha CP5 records and plays back files on a USB drive. Unless I use a drive listed on the Yamaha compatability chart for the CP5 I can get errors which cause the recording to stop.

I would suggest trying some different USB drives and, if possible, using a drive from the list.

http://www.yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/downloads/tech_docs/usb_memory_list.pdf

• Members
I don't have direct experience with the LS9 but my Yamaha CP5 records and plays back files on a USB drive. Unless I use a drive listed on the Yamaha compatability chart for the CP5 I can get errors which cause the recording to stop.

I would suggest trying some different USB drives and, if possible, using a drive from the list.

http://www.yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/downloads/tech_docs/usb_memory_list.pdf

Thanks for the link to the list. Unfortunately the drive that gave me the error is on the list of approved units.

• Members

What file format are you trying to play back?

LS9 will only play MP3s and IRRC only as high as 320kbs.

In the recorder screen what did you select for your input sources when you tried recording a file? What is the playback output set to? What is the ATT set at?

Double check that the flash drive is formatted FAT32.

• Members

The files are 192 kbs MP3's. I'll have to double check the format, but as both of the flash drives that I've tried were formatted by the LS9's own internal formatting utility, I would ASSUME it to be a compatible format. I know, big assumption there ;). As far as the I/O, it was set to the default of ST L-R on both. I have since changed the output to ch 31-32 on the Sandisk drive, but still no change in result.

Archived