• Members

I am looking for the equalizer faders for Mackie PA ( specifically the 808 m and 808 s heads. I am hoping someone either has a mackie 808 thats broke they want to sell me for parts or better yet the actual parts- Need 2 would buy more- mackie is uncooperative

or a sutable alternative

• Members

Is it the actual faders that are bad or have the slider tips broken off or just the knobs for them missing?

I been a tech for going on 40 years so I'm pretty experienced at scrounging parts. Some of the newer stuff can be very difficult to find but I Might be able to find them for you.

If its the entire slider You may need to open it up and get the values and physical size. There's a bunch of sites like this that can be helpful finding generic replacements but you probably wont find a match searching under Mackie (as you have already found out)

Most of the parts in these mixers are fairly common components. You can find them being sold all over the place once you know the exact type of part it its. The plastic tips that fit on them can be a real bastard to find. I luckily have a local electronics shop that has allot of that oddball stuff and can usually find something that will fit.

http://www.futurlec.com/PotSliding.shtml

Besides the resistance value, Many of the sliders have dimensions in their specs. I often have to remove one slider to make these measurements and insure the slider will physically fit in the amp. So long as the manufacturer doesn't use something totally oddball and unique you can usually find a replacement. Places like Mouser, Allied, Newark Electronics should be good places too look too. I used to order from them on a daily basis when I repaired gear for a living and they can be very helpful on the phone too.

31060d1413831808-potk-stereo.jpg

• Members

I apologize I came off gruff, I hate it when people ask on forums for leads to fix a problem when a general google search will reveal the answer. I try to exhaust the obvious answers right away and not wasteful of others time.

Archived