• Members

Anybody know how much tighter these are than the Beta 58A? I'm getting terrible bleed from my Leslie's upper rotor, which is normally roughly at 90-110 degrees from me. I had no idea how bad it was until I started recording rehearsals this month.

• Members
Anybody know how much tighter these are than the Beta 58A? I'm getting terrible bleed from my Leslie's upper rotor, which is normally roughly at 90-110 degrees from me. I had no idea how bad it was until I started recording rehearsals this month.

They are tighter - dunno how it would be quantified?

• Members

Anybody know why these are suddenly on sale everywhere? avshop.ca has them for $89 CAD which is almost as cheap as MF and about the same as Sweetwater.

Thinking one might be worth trying as I'm pretty good about staying on axis.

• Members
IMO' date=' too tight for many applications and the off axis response is not very flattering IME.[/quote']

Yes, very tight, and man oh man, do they ever cut through a mix. Very bright, but very clean sounding mic,,, requires fairly low gain for relatively high output. As for off-axis rejection, in a very loud and reflective small room, they're amazing.

• Members

What is the logic behind buying discontinued mics?

Mics are relatively inexpensive and they last for years, maybe decades. The technology for these things doesn't change often.

I'd think that the fact a product like that was being discontinued and sold off cheap would be a signal that it's not a great purchase... but I'm open to the idea that I'm missing something.

• Members

Mics are relatively inexpensive and they last for years, maybe decades. The technology for these things doesn't change often.

I'd think that the fact a product like that was being discontinued and sold off cheap would be a signal that it's not a great purchase... but I'm open to the idea that I'm missing something.

Was a GREAT mic at a GREAT price. That's all. No huge secret.

• Members

I believe you answered your own question that mics are inexpensive and don't change often. Why would I not buy them at a much cheaper price if they are selling them off. The 767a may not be the top choice by some but it is a far better mic than many out there in the same price range and way higher up the food chain at $49.99 pricepoint. I bought a pair as soon as I seen them on sale.

Archived