Different Sub Placement

• Members

Hey guys, been a while since I last posted anything! I have a quick question. I currently have two JBL PRX618s-xlf and two JBL SRX828sp. I was wondering if there was a way I could combine all four of them for max output? I have tried clustered however there seems to be a lot of gaps directly in front of them. Thanks in advance!

• Members

eaurgh.

I don't really recommend mixing mis-matched subs because you won't really notice a difference in output, but you will greatly increase the risk of blowing up the smaller pair of subs. YMMV.

If you have a wide stage, it might be beneficial to cluster the 618's in the middle of the stage as a centre fill ... but all you're doing is fanning out the power alley.

• Members
eaurgh.

I don't really recommend mixing mis-matched subs because you won't really notice a difference in output, but you will greatly increase the risk of blowing up the smaller pair of subs. YMMV.

If you have a wide stage, it might be beneficial to cluster the 618's in the middle of the stage as a centre fill ... but all you're doing is fanning out the power alley.

Thanks, that's what I figured. The two dual 18's can handle their own haha. I'll just use the 618's for smaller events.

• Members

If it were me I would use the XLF's, when needed, run from an aux send where you could "dial them in" based on what you hear. I think they would play well with the 828's you have. It can't hurt to try it. Of course in an ideal world all of your subs would be the same, but I'd bet a lot of us have made do with less than the ideal combinations of speakers.

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I have 4 of the XLF's and I am considering a pair of the SRX 828's to use with them when needed.

Archived