Mackie DL mixer owners - New software!

• Members

Master Fader 4. has been released for ios 8 and later devices. (Including iphones.) Some nice additions. You can't upgrade from Master Fader 3.x but you can have both installed on your ipad at the same time. (Should make upgrading a safer process.) Mackie's DL controlling software has become so much more than what I bought in September 2013. (And I would have been happy at that level.) It's been a free upgrade on my DL1608. (AGAIN!)

• Members

You had a good unit? You had a good WiFi router properly setup? I haven't had any problems, but everyone builds a dud from time to time. I do a number of Senior variety shows every year and for that, I really wish I had physical faders. The virtual ones require that I remove my eyes from the stage. Outside of that, I really like it a lot.

• Members

I'd agree that I would want physical faders, iOS devices are pretty reliable, but who hasn't had a call on their iPhone that you couldn't answer because the "slider" didn't seem to go full travel?

I think that the OP is mixing from stage, which is more distraction than I can deal with. Both my playing and mixing would suffer. So taking my eyes off the stage would be the least of my problems.

Im either the engineer OR a performer, never (OK, rarely) both.

• Members

I do a lot of general sound jobs. (Small ones.) AgedHorse is in a category all his own and I will never compete with him. (I'm really small potatoes.) Mostly I mix from the audience. When I'm gigging, I mix from the stage, but it's really more of a setup and play situation. The senior shows have every type of problem working with amateurs can create. I really love these people and the shows run the gamut of quality from interesting to giving me chills at how good it is. Those are the ones I miss the physical faders on.

Archived