• Members
Easy isn't always as easy as we hope. I think there's a balance of work and chaos in which we seem to thrive best. Just sitting there while some CEO drones on about ebitda can make a day seem like a week. Working a large, bad band can be a long day too.

Good point. I did a corn hole tournament of all things this summer. It was horrible. Canned music and one microphone for announcements and such. :snax:

• Members

Yikes. I have that problem when I prepare samples that get played through my keyboards (e.g. breaking glass for Billy Joel's "You May Be Right"). In my case, I find that a lightly compressed sample that peaks at -6dB comes out at about the same level as my piano notes...

Did you ride the faders all day long, or compress the poop out of that channel?

• Members

Had a three-mic gig the other day that really kept me on my toes - headliner was a big hip-hop act. Total inputs were three SM58s and a stereo feed from the DJ mixer. Pretty much I had to ring the wedges to within an inch of their lives and compress the heck out of everything. Headliner, crowd, and venue owners loved it. I was happy when it was done.

• Members

Finished the three days at noon today. $ 1485 for 16.5 hours using the hotel's gear that convention services set up. Left the hotel and set up for the Hospice Regatta a block down the street with my gear.

I'll load out that system on Sunday after working the Sunday matinee of BeauSoleil concert for the RFA.

• Members

I sometimes do sound for a Bluegrass act Horseshoes and Handgrenades. One single Shure large diaphragm center and Shure pencil condensor on each side set lower for guitar and banjo on each side of the mic.

The large diaphragm mic needs more filtering then just a few tone controls because of the gain you have to get out of them.

BTW we use a Shure KSM44A and I have to say that is one of the best large diaphragm mics I have heard live.

The Audio Technicas are good but that model Shure is really an amazing mic.

Love that gig.

Sounds like your staying real busy Bill. Good deal.

Archived