RCF Art 710a mk2

• Members

Yes, but it's a sideways move from what you are currently running. Even the price tag suggests this (both speakers have the same MAP price). Also, the RCF subs are a bandpass design.... good output but not the best sounding in world. I ran the 705as for years so I speak from experience.

For a real upgrade over what your'e running now in an RCF, you'd want to look at something like the 732, 735 or 745 over an 8003 or 8004 sub. You're looking at the double the money though. But that's what an upgrade means.....

• Members

Yeah the 710 was cheaper than I remembered it.

i'd also have a drop in size (and slightly weight). I'm not really looking to upgrade - just not go backwards, but I don't maintain a dedicated "gig car" any more, so size is an issue (the EVs fit though). But it rules out the JBL 718s for example.

in terms of the subs - I work for a band that has the 8003s and they're great but they're too heavy for me when I work alone. So the 905s aren't so good?

• Members

I've not used the 905's, but ran the 705's for several years. They were fine, just nothing particularly special sound wise. The 905's are an upgrade to the 705, but still band pass.. at least I think. The older versions were and the cabinet sizes are the same, but I RCF doesn't say if it's bandpass or not. They are pretty darn pricey though. Your current subs aren't that much bigger and are actually lighter, so I don't see a reason to spend the money.

I think the 710's have come down in price substantially. I seem to remember they were once closer to $900. My guess, is they'd outperform the EV's but A) I don't really know and 2) by how much may not be worth the price of admission. If small size and light are important factors, I can't imagine a better bang for the buck.

Archived