Rock and Roll Barn Gig

• Members

4 pc. Classic Rock band with a biker bash barn gig coming up in a few weeks. Looks like there will be anywhere from 150-300 people in attendance. We do our own sound from the stage and typically run SRX715's powered by a QSC GX7 over PRX618 XLF's. Sounds like we'll be setting up against one of the long walls of an old barn. Any advantage to adding two Mpro 18's to the rig? We've run them off one side of the QSC and the tops of the other side in the past with good results. (before the powered subs were added) The Mpro's would stack nicely over the PRX's but I've read here that it's best to keep like cabinets together. Mpro's on one side, PRX's on the other? What about center cluster of the two extra subs if there was a stage? (Sounds like we'll be on the ground level so the center cluster idea may not be feasible for this one.) I'm not entirely comfortable running both our tops of just one side of the GX7 although we've never had an issue. Playing against the long wall of the barn I'm wondering if horizontal coverage might be the better issue to address. What about adding a pair of powered speakers to toe in and cover the area right in front of the band with speaker-stick-sub spread out a little extra to the left and right?

• Members

Off topic a bit: My experience over the years from performing in bands at biker events: the roughest-looking crowds seem to be the nicest (yes, polite and pleasant) people to play for. I've been on biker gigs that the women looked damn intimidating but were very pleasant. I would never attempt to hit on one of them though....

Why tempt fate - lol.

Mike M

• Members
If they're motorcyclists' date=' they might care.:D:D If they're true "bikers", as long as the beer is cold and the band's playing rock 'n roll, they'll be quite happy with your standard rig.[/quote']

With that, I'll suggest that, the everything having to do with the wet tee shirt contest will likely figure in on "how it sounds".

• 1 month later...

Archived