Need help/ideas listing used gear

• Moderators

Outside of playing a guitar or bass, I am at a place in life where I haven't needed a lot of LS/studio gear in quite a few years. Kids kind of came along and demanded a lot of attention, which I'm happy they did. That said, I have stuff sitting around that should get sold. I've donated some items, but there are other things I have that I believe have value, but I do not know what I could ask for them, so I need your help. These are the first few items I'm looking at.

First up is a pair of Mackie SRM350v1 powered speakers in excellent condition. I also have the mackie speaker carry bags. These were barely used and I don't think they even have a scratch on them. I know what new powered speakers go for, but what do you guys and gals think is a fair asking price that will move them quickly?

Second is a Peavey 16FX mixer (version 1.0). Again, this was barely used, but I am uncertain with a new version out, how much I can list a 6-7 year old mixer for.

Please note that I don't live in a large metropolitan area like Chicago, but shipping out most items/listing on ebay isn't reasonable to me. This is either a CL or finding a music store that will trade for something?

• Moderators

Great. Thanks. It seems I was in the ball park. Also, I did go all powered speaker/monitor setup, so I have a ton of speaker cables and other. Do people ever have a need/desire to just buy in a bunch/bulk and figure out what they have later? I hate to throw this stuff out, but I just want the space.

• Members

Those are hard enough to come by, and hard enough to sell for real money that I would hang on to it. You never know when you might need to change rigs and discover that your new clonewheel doesn't have an 11-pin output. A VR-09 with a CPA-IV and a Leslie 860 would make an incredible light-weight rig.

Also, if you ever sell the Leslie, it makes the sale a lot easier, you can sell it to a guitar player.

Wes

Archived