A quick video look at Transformer Isolated Passive Mic Splitters for New Players!

• Members

Ah. I guess I will have to (eventually) pick up one of each. I want a mic-splitter and I need a line-level transformer.. a local sound tech keeps toggling phantom on my powered speaker's "link out" output. BANG BANG is not a noise I want coming from my equipment.

I also won't let him plug directly into my stage piano (CP4) with XLR outputs because I don't want phantom in there.

I think I'll start using a DI until I pick up a matching transformer.

• Members

Andy, do you have any thoughts on products like the Whirlwind ISOXL? (inline male/female XLR with transformer)

Other than the fact that you can't hang them directly off the equipment (connector torque and/or ground clearance issues) they seem like a pretty nice solution. Rapco Horizon has a similar product, cheaper, but I'm not familiar the brand. Radial has a nice dual unit in a "DI box" but $250 is pretty dear.

What are the units that you have? Just bare transformers, like the Neutrik NTE1, except in a cylinder shield enclosure? Are they for sale?

Wes

Archived