• Members

Some guy told me to avoid the popping sound that a 767a EV mic pop filter won't catch is to run Aux. Sub. by the way I do hear a little even after I replaced the pop filters how do you get rid of it ? Thanks. Oh! It's not really a pop it's when the word with a p for instance?

• Members

The primary cause for this is the increase sensitivity to pressure because off the hyper-cardioid pattern geometry. A variable high pass filter is generally the tool of choice, but aux fed sub configuration will help as well, as will turning down the LF channel eq.

• Members

Some Vocals tend to "pop" more then others and some pop in an annoying way :D

I am kind of surprised popping is that big for you from that mic?

Are you over driving the subs and or midbass in your sound system?

Do you not have a roll off button on your desk?

• Members

The subs could be, but I never noticed it with the 58's and yes I do have a High pass button a mid sweep 100 hz to 8k on each ch. it's not real bad just wanting to be picky I guess.I will check the subs tomorrow since its powered I can lower it pretty easy.Thanks

• Members

BTW, I notice that many bands don't EQ the pops out - seems that some think that's how a PA should sound since that's how a cheap PA has always sounded facepalm.gif. I HPF 120-160 Hz myself, the 75 or 100Hz HPFs on non-variable-HPF analog boards just don't do it even on SM58's - you still have to roll down the low knob. I also run aux driven subs but unless I crank the "crossover" up to 125 or so that's just not enough - you still need to HPF...

Archived