Lexicon MX200 - Female Vocal FX Q

• Members

So, I use a Lexicon MX200 on an aux send for the 4-5 vocalists that we have in our 12-piece. (Typically only 2 singing at a time at most, except on choruses.) For our female lead vocalist, the little bit of delay that I add using one of the MX200 processors is usually enough for most of the Aretha/Ronstadt stuff, but there are a few slower modern songs that would really just kill if I could add a shimmery reverb to the delayed mix... think Kelly Clarkson "Already Gone" and you'll know the sound I'm after. However, all of the combinations that I've tried so far just turn her beautiful vocals into a muddy mess. Can someone that has experience with achieving this effect or someone really familiar with the MX200 give me some guidance? Ideally I'd like to run the MX200 with the two engines in series on the one aux send I use for vocal FX... using one engine for the delay sound that I use all the time... and then just kick in the slight reverb or multi patch on the other engine and add to it, or switch it in in place of the regular delay patch... to really push her slow stuff over the top. Thoughts?

Archived