Another BFI thread

• Members

As much as I love zombie threads, this one http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/LivePerformanceCategory/acapella-33/384758- wouldn't let me post, so I'm starting a new one. I have an old BFI main/monitor that I'd planned on re-purposing as a video lyrics monitor. As I was disemboweling it this afternoon I think I may have underestimated the thing. Frankly I used for a couple of weeks with a sub-standard monitor system before moving on to greener pastures. It's a little thin as an enclosure, buts it's actual ply and not MDF, but not quite OSB. The components are EV 833 0519 phenolic driver with a large fiberglass horn and a substantial 12" woofer with the numbers 12769 67-8424 on the magnet. If I had to guess I'd say it was Eminence, but I'm not sure. The cross over is crap. Is any of this stuff any good? Should I leave it whole and sell it? It's been sitting in the shop for a decade or better, so it's serves me better as a project, but if it's got value elsewhere... Any advice is appreciated!

• Members

That's kind of what I thought. The woofer looked a little more robust than I would have expected. That's too bad, but fine with me. I'm keeping the cab for the video project, but I'll sell the components as a kit. Maybe redo the crossover so it looks a little more presentable and labeled. Thanks for the info.

Archived