New Soundcraft Mixer

• Members
Color me slightly confused...where does this mixer fall relative to the Si Expression range?

I believe its below the Expression (3) as I'm hearing the pricing is lower yet it offers full parametric so its sort of an upgrade as well.

Waiting for the manual to come out.

Doug

• Members

I believe its below the Expression (3) as I'm hearing the pricing is lower yet it offers full parametric so its sort of an upgrade as well.

Waiting for the manual to come out.

Doug

The new Si Impact has a lot of the same features that the Performer with 8 VCAs, scribble strips, 4 band parametric EQ that the Expression doesn't have. But it has only 40 channels of input DSP like the x32, the Expression can do 66 and the Performer can handle 80. It is missing AES input and Global Decoders above each fader to keep the price point. It also offers 2 card slots like the Performer and come with the USB/MADI card installed in slot one. So you can use a Stagebox or Record out of the box with the included software. The expression only has 1 card slot and the USB/MADI card cost $299 to add. The Impact also doesn't have the knobs under the effects for fast adjustments like the other two. It does have 24 input faders with 24 XLR and 8 1/4/XLR combo inputs and 16 selectable XLR outputs. All 3 have complete custom layers so any input, group send, effect send, matrix, VCA on Impact and Expression can be placed on any fader.

The Impact is priced at $2799 and they say it will be available in two weeks. It looks like there board to compete with the x32 and was launched at Guitar Center that recently stopped selling the X32.

All 3 have the same Pre Amps, effects, comp and gates and faders.

I hope this helps.

• Members

The new Si Impact has a lot of the same features that the Performer with 8 VCAs, scribble strips, 4 band parametric EQ that the Expression doesn't have. But it has only 40 channels of input DSP like the x32, the Expression can do 66 and the Performer can handle 80. It is missing AES input and Global Decoders above each fader to keep the price point. It also offers 2 card slots like the Performer and come with the USB/MADI card installed in slot one. So you can use a Stagebox or Record out of the box with the included software. The expression only has 1 card slot and the USB/MIDI card cost $299 to add. The Impact also doesn't have the knobs under the effects for fast adjustments like the other two. It does have 24 input faders with 24 XLR and 8 1/4/XLR combo inputs and 16 selectable XLR outputs. All 3 have complete custom layers so any input, group send, effect send, matrix, VCA on Impact and Expression can be placed on any fader.

The Impact is priced at $2799 and they say it will be available in two weeks. It looks like there board to compete with the x32 and was launched at Guitar Center that recently stopped selling the X32.

All 3 have the same Pre Amps, effects, comp and gates and faders.

I hope this helps.

It doesn't have AES ... so no stage box support.

IMO, the AES support is wasted on much of the market that uses this class of mixer; however, it does seem to be the big differentiation between the two boards made by Soundcraft.

• Members

It doesn't have AES ... so no stage box support.

IMO, the AES support is wasted on much of the market that uses this class of mixer; however, it does seem to be the big differentiation between the two boards made by Soundcraft.

The MADI port is what you would use to hook up the mixer to the Stagebox with Cat5. There is still a AES output on the back of the Impact to use to send digital signal to an amp or driverack etc.

Archived