• Members

Indeed. Keyboard Mag did a piece on E. Street Band's keyboard techs a couple of years ago. REALLY interesting. I am a computer-guy by day, and am really good at fire-fighting, organizing, and learning new stuff fast. if it wasn't for the part about being on the road, I would really enjoy that kind of job.

• Members

It can be a good job, but like everything that involves some aspect of glamor, a very small percentage of folks ever make it to the level described.

The road holds no attraction to me any more, and really never did. Your life really is really yours, and when travel days are factored into everything, you can make $70k for what ends up being 80 hours/week (or 2 x $35k/year jobs.

• Members

Makes perfect sense to me. When I started in my current field, I worked -- literally -- 100+ hours a week for about 6 years, 51 weeks a year. While I was rarely on the road, it was no picnic, either. You couldn't pay me enough to do that again, even though I really enjoyed the work, and it set me up well for where I am now.....which is nowhere near rock star, but I'm not starving or anything.

Glamour never attracted me, but I love working hard and solving problems that directly impact my users/customers.

Archived