what do you think of plug-on wireless mic??

• Members

My idea is I can use any wired Mic I want without limiting to brand. But I'm afraid the characteristic sound might not be the same? Is that right or nonsense? I'm looking at the sennheiser em500 with the skp500.

• Members

You'll have a big weight hanging of the end of your mic. You would have to try it and see if you could live with the balance. But have you ever seen anyone using one with a singer? They are generally used for ENG and have omni mics plugged into them and when you see them they are vertical and never horizontal.

• Members
You'll have a big weight hanging of the end of your mic. You would have to try it and see if you could live with the balance. But have you ever seen anyone using one with a singer? They are generally used for ENG and have omni mics plugged into them and when you see them they are vertical and never horizontal.

My thought exactly. I've used these before and it makes for a weird balance. It also requires rubber mic stand holders because you can't slide it in easily (KY won't help ;-).

They sound OK but for the reasons mentioned, aren't too popular

My .02.

Archived