Martin/Crown gear......worth checking out?

• Members

Bar closed in 2011 and the gear has been sitting ever since. I think it was open 5 or 6 years before that. Worth pursuing if I could get it on the cheap? New owners are about to remodel and want the gear gone!

Allen & Heath PA280 24-input analog console

Stanton S650 MkII DJ CD player

Behringer Composer Pro

Behringer Auto Quad

2 dBx 231 Graphic EQ

2 Crown XLS 402 power amps

2 Crown Macro Tech 2400 power amps

1 Crown Macro Tech 5000VZ power amp

dBx crossover (I did not get the model number, but it is in top of the amp rack on the stage)

4 Martin WT3 speaker cabinets

4 Martin Sub-woofer cabinets (I could not see the model number)

• Members

As always, it depends what you're looking to do with it. With boat anchor amps and larger, heavier speaker cabinets, it would be best suited for an install rig. If cheap enough, though it would be a good practice PA or for parting out as most of it is good brand name stuff. The speakers will bi-amp easily. Tri-amping requires the use of a martin processor (at least that's how it reads on the spec sheet).

Definitely try to get it on the cheap though. Passive speakers, heavy amps, and mid level rack gear has lost a lot of value these days with the plethora of digital mixers and powered speaker options.

Oh, and I'm not familiar with that mixer model. Are you sure you got that right?...... GL2800 maybe?

Obviously I don't know the venue and maybe it's not a good fit, but if the place is going to continue live music, it's a shame they'd dump this stuff for pennies. If the venue is the right size for the system, it looks like a solid setup.

• Members

I'm guessing you mean a Allen & Heath PA28. I used an Allen & Heath PA20-CP for a while, similar to the PA-28, except with less channels, and mine had a built in amp. Has 2 aux outs for foldback might be less than some people want. FX built in but can also be used for external effects. I had not issues, other than the weight and size.

• Members

The value is in the older power amps which is diminishing daily. The PA28 has only 4 aux sends which is not many considering the frame size. It's a great mixer, don't get me wrong but right now the mixer market is rather soft.

Archived