Jack Bruce RIP

• Members

I understand Jack Bruce passed away Saturday, Oct. 25th.

FWIW: The band I play in has been intently working up "Theme for an Imaginary Western"... our debut public performance of the song was this past Saturday Oct. 18th... and was well received by the audience.

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear that. He was a major influence on me when I learned bass many moons ago.

By the way, Theme for an Imaginary Western(great song) was written by Jack Bruce but I first heard it performed by Felix Pappalardi with Mountain. They did a great job with it!

• Members
I'm so sorry to hear that. He was a major influence on me when I learned bass many moons ago.

Same here, although I didn't realize it at the time... I've since developed a much better appreciation.

By the way, Theme for an Imaginary Western(great song) was written by Jack Bruce

I understand and agree, "great song", and from what I've read, Jack consider that song the "best" he'd ever written.

but I first heard it performed by Felix Pappalardi with Mountain. They did a great job with it!

The account(s) I've read is that Jack Bruce wrote the song for Cream, but Eric didn't warm up to it, and Felix was involved with Cream (as Cream's producer) at the time, and Jack handed the song off to Felix. Seemingly Gail (Delta) Collins (Felix's wife) was common to both Cream and Mountain. No doubt Leslie West has done an admirable job carrying on in Felix's absence.

Archived