Assistant: Electro-Voice line array setup & connection

• Members

Hello guys,

I got a project with my colleagues to install 2 line arrays of EV with the below items:

1. Amps: EV TG-5

2. Boxes: EV XLC127DVX

3. Control: EV N8000

These will be linked to Yamaha LS9-32 mixer.

I have question about how to connect the speakers all together, they should be grouped as (HF, MF & LF). I know the N8000 can do this job. But I don't know how to make the connections. Also I noticed the main speaker connection socket is not a standard XLR type, it is an 8-pin instead. How should the wiring be required in such case?

Thanks a lot for your time & support guys.

Have a good day :)

Sincerely,

Seth

• Members

Go Here: http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=1115

Peruse the download section for engineering specs & manuals. The connectors are Neutrik NL8 type. I'd assume that the two connectors are for a parallel connection (just an assumption - read the manual). If you go to Neutrik's web site you'll find specs on cabling diameter (min & max). Depending on the proximity to the amp rack I'd recommend 14/6 or 12/6 stranded cable (check the Neutrik's spec as 12 ga might be too big).

That's a start.

• Members

One of the companies I work for uses XLC DVX boxes, 16 per side. They're pretty standard for a 3 way box, including the wiring. The fact that you don't know how to hook them up means you're probably in over your head. Why do you have all this expensive stuff but not the ability to hook it up?

Are you capable of rigging these speakers safely? That would be my number on concern. What's your background?

FWIW, Dogoth, the 2 connectors on the back are indeed parallel.

• Members
Church self-install???

I had an earlier post that went into the ether, but I was wondering if it was a church or community venue. I can't see how someone could have won a bid like this without knowing what's going on. Unless of course it's in a part of the world where those connectors... are not known - don't where that would be, but I guess anything is possible.

The OP's post sounds too involved for a rainy day troll - although in some ways that might be the best case scenario.

Archived