Blast from the past sound system

• Members

That guy has had that system for sale for years on Ebay. I still have Altec cabs and compression drivers and horns in the basement and garage. Great stuff! Its obvious no one wants to sink 30k into that system. I burned several pairs of empty horn loaded cabs this summer. It was really tuff to do for me. I have a set of those JBL horns loaded I just dont know what to do with and I cant get myself to part from them. Someday...yea thats it ...someday. ;)

• Members

Considering it's age, weight & overall sound quality (not that it's that bad but things like extended Lo & Hi freq, better pattern control, time alignment, etc..... do make a difference), I'd put it's value at around $5 to $10k. That's just because you could sell the drivers & boards (who cares about the amps) to collectors. As a system, it's not really all that great (Massive & impressive though :-). Like Pro Sound Guy said. Lots of fire wood too :-).

I recently dismantled a couple of horn loaded JBL boxed. Took a saws-all to them and sold the drivers, crossovers & I think I still have the corner & handle hardware somewhere :-). I would have burned the wood but don't have a fireplace and there was a lot of paint & glue so it went to the trash :-(.

• Members
All you old timers will remember this stuff' date=' there was quite a bit around the country back in the day. I used to service the Audio Arts Wheatstone consoles including frame up rebuilds.[/quote']

Speeda Sound must have had an account with you

Archived