TS-90B or TS-100B for Yorkville EF500P?

• Members

I am strongly considering a pair of the Yorkville EF500Bs for outdoor shows we do. These will be paired with a set of LS801Ps. The biggest concern I have right now is mounting these things on stands. There will be times I have to set these up on my own and I am considering the TS-90B or TS-100B to help with this. Does anyone have experience with these two stands and might be able to suggest one over the other? I would also be open to other options that might be better, like maybe the Global Truss st-90 crank stand, but I can't find the spec that says how low the st-90 goes for loading the speaker. If they only get down to six feet, that won't really help me any.

• Members

I used to have a pair of EF500P's, and used TS-90B stands all the time. Those speakers are heavy, I hope you're feeling strong. I wouldn't want to lift them onto a TS-99, the TS-90 was plenty high when lifting by myself. Once they're on the stands they're pretty easy to move up and down.

You can always set the speaker sideways and insert the stand, then tip the whole thing up.

I've never used the TS-100, but just from looking at them I think I'd prefer the TS-90.

Archived