Mackie :( It finally happened....

• Members

I was doing a ittle fundraiser outdoors and hooking up ZLX's. Everything seemed to be running ok until I went out front. One of the 12's are not running. Hmmmm, turn up the volume a little more see if line is heated up and hear this crackling...Hmmm.... Grrr. Ok let's swap out cables, same crackle, what the heck. Well I couldn't see any LED's at all due to the sun direct on there. I started fiddling with pot's sure as heck the master fader. Found that if you lift the unit about a cm and drop it, it will usually kick back on. So I spent the day avoiding touching of the mixer to make it through the event.

Now I'm at the I will never trust you again stage for the love for this mixer... I guess try to recoop my investment, and get another one. I like my ZED as a backup, but I do like using the inserts on the mackie for a 2 channel comp when the need arises. I've read this before about the mackie mixers magically loosing a channel and it's true, saw it first hand.

No goop I can spray on that master fader to bring it back to life? Seems like a bad investment to buy another one, even if it is new?

• Members

I had the 'Mackie thing" happen to me on one channel and my board was mint condition. I took it apart, cleaned and reseated the 3M connectors and it worked for a few months. Then it went again. Odds are even if you could get it working with contact cleaner, it WILL let you down again. You could try switching out the ribbon connectors completely I suppose…….not sure if you could find compatible ones that are an upgrade.

I loved my Mackie board ….BUT..

+1 BillESC….go A&H…..I did and haven't looked back.

Archived