• Members

Listening to Genesis "Wind and Wuthering" from 1976 in Flac format this morning.

I do have a sub on my inside system and could not help but notice the Taurus Pedal Synth Genesis used.

If any of you younger guys have ever experienced really awesome sub bass you should hear

well written music performed with Taurus Pedal Synth.

I experienced a band in Chicago back in the early eighties that did Genesis and Peter Gabriel stuff exclusively.

This band was awesome and the singer even did the costume changes like Gabriel.

They used the Taurus Pedal Synth and it was some of the most impressive sub bass I ever experienced.

BTW if any of you have not heard Wind and Wuthering it really is one of the best ever done by Genesis.

• Members

I had a set of Taurus II pedals when I was younger. Being a starving musician I had to pawn them and lost them. I really regret losing those. House sound guys hated those things! And loved them. I know I'm indirectly responsible for more than a few blown woofers as they pushed their systems. I was always careful and warned them multiple times about the potential dangers and never turned up past sound check levels.

• Members
I had a set of Taurus II pedals when I was younger. Being a starving musician I had to pawn them and lost them. I really regret losing those. House sound guys hated those things! And loved them. I know I'm indirectly responsible for more than a few blown woofers as they pushed their systems. I was always careful and warned them multiple times about the potential dangers and never turned up past sound check levels.
Ah, the bad old days before we had HPF's on our subs LOL.

• Members

I have the Taurus 3 pedals in my stage rig. I've met the occasional sound guy who is scared of them, but not often. They sound absolutely magnificent, and in some venues you can feel it through the stage itself.

I do sometimes also use the Minimoog Voyager Old School down in the same note range, but it's a different feel -- nothing sounds like the Taurus.

Archived