Drive Rack?

• CMS Author
Drive rack for powered speakers' date=' I guess I don't get why it's marketed. Wouldn't that be DSP before the DSP? Couldn't that cause more problems than it solves? What are the pros to use this with powered speakers?[/quote']

As always, "it depends", mostly on what DSP the speakers already have, what tools you need, and whether the driverack has those "missing" but "needed" tools.

• Members

Any idea if the DriveRack processing for the NX55P is worthwhile? They don't seem to have any kind of DSP but they do have a couple of notch filters. They sound flat-as-heck to me, but I have never measured them.

• Members
Any idea if the DriveRack processing for the NX55P is worthwhile? They don't seem to have any kind of DSP but they do have a couple of notch filters. They sound flat-as-heck to me' date=' but I have never measured them.[/quote']

Probably of minimal value at best.

• Members

I bought a PX.... meh.... Sold it a few months later. It was the second speaker processor I've owned. If I was budgeting for a system I'd take that money and go up a rung in the ladder for the speakers themselves. I realize the speakers are already owned. Still, I'd pass, but that's me.

• Members

I bought a PX because I needed an additional GEQ and crossover. I also needed, no wanted, a limiter, so the price was tbetter, and it saved rack space. I still use it, because I don't bi-amp my U15's and I also use it on some ancient Yorkville powered speakers. I couldn't justify the next step up in Driveracks, so I settled on the PX.

Frankly I'd almost rather have separate units that are easier to access, but the wieght and rack savings are a bit of a bonus - as is the PEQ. Actually I sometimes don't use the GEQ, just the PEQ for a little fine tuning. It's also nice to sometimes run another 15 band graph in the path for those rushed gigs that are also sound nightmares.

As to the OP, I don't think he really needs one for the intended purpose.

Archived