Barter?

Potts

• Members

Does anyone barter gigs for services? I was just wondering because this year is the second year in a row that I'm doing gigs for the cost of my kids hockey registration. It's awesome! The cost for hockey this years is $550. I perform a 2 hour gig for $150 on Saturday for the "hockey day festivities" which includes a gear sale, chowder, and they rate the kids. And then I do a three hour in December for $200. I walk away only owing $200. I wish I could do the same with my mechanic, plumber and anyone else that performs services!

• Members

I'm doing something like this with a student whose family has hit a rough patch. It's kind of pay-what-you-can and the Dad might do some website or graphics work for Kindred (my duo). It's more that the kid has some talent and I don't want the family stuff (divorce, under-employment) to get in the way of his success.

• Members

I'm doing something like this with a student whose family has hit a rough patch. It's kind of pay-what-you-can and the Dad might do some website or graphics work for Kindred (my duo). It's more that the kid has some talent and I don't want the family stuff (divorce, under-employment) to get in the way of his success.

That's great man!!!!! That's a big heart right there!

• Members

Bartered a ati radeon pro 9800 for a sabian b8 pro 16 medium crash in early 2000. Video card was in a drawer, cymbal worked good on my stand. Nice and broke in now, got a nice hard attack with quick decay and it's still shiny and sparkly

You definitely made out better on that end. While the crash cymbal is STILL worth something, the video card is all but worthless.

• Members

Yeah well story goes like this, 1995 just got a brand new set of WHITE pearl's export pro's ok not the best anyway you know double bass huge arse toms cybmbals pretty nice upper line stuff at mom and dad's. Fire. Where. Basement. Drums Basement. ****. Fire was in basement but never blew up past the floor boards and house didn't blow up. Still in tact! But Black. ****. PA: Black everything black resin {censored}. So cleaning company cleans them, still black. Insurance settles with parents, parents never reimburse me. ****. Ring ring play? Ya man. Load up yup solid black burnt ass cymbals. Burnt shades of soot markings on all the drums. But ya know they do have a very warm sound, but still with sizzle and ping when needed beat on em played out whatever whereever how it lasted I'm in the back anyway no one looks. Soo early 2000 rocker band new rockin' stuff, and some older heavier off the wall stuff, i was mid thirty's they mid 20's and all the cared about was the fact they were black, so that's why he let me use the shiny new looking 16" medium sabian b8 pro. Then he kept saying 100 bucks..dude no. Then it went to 90. Aint happenin. You probably paid less. 80. Nope. Dude tells me his computer sucks and can't play a game when we out hangin out, said ok cuz gotcha a video card (I just upgraded) he installed it and said he wanted $, hell no brother straight up swap, this cymbal sounds pretty darn good, he said I know. ...

• Members

I had a '58 Tiger 110 650cc, and had a blast with that bike back in the 60's. My right foot and leg, will NEVER rust,,,since the crank-case spewed oil everytime I rode it.;)

In the 90's, I had a custom 1400cc Intruder, and what a difference in quality and design. Thank God they don't "stll build them like they used to".

Archived