New Gig

John Ellis

• Members

I've been working on a gig at my favorite local restraunt for about a month now.

It's a combo thing where I do a set, then open it up for open mike and.......Karaoke.

I figured out that I can make the same or better money doing this than playing for 4 straight hours

Wish me luck

• Members

The idea of doing the blend is to bring in more people on a new venture, if both sides take off, I'll do open mike one night and KK on another.

I did a 5 hour run through of material today and I've got my Voicelive dialed in, The Bose is set. My Takamine is sounding sweet after 20 years of abuse.

I'm almost to the point of wanting to do the entire night by myself. Not there yet but I'll do it if I havta. lol

• Members

hey neighbor!!! so how is this gig going?

things here have been picking up... we played another private party this evening and it went well enough to get a booking for another saturday evening for one of their friends plus a hundred dollar tip added to the agreed upon wage... and earlier this week, a friend asked to borrow my djembe for a track on his bands CD... no prob so i took it into the studio, got him set up and ended up doing the tracks for them... then the owner of the studio said he recognized me from one of the parrothead gigs where i was singing and playing guitar... looks like i may be getting some session work and some very reasonable studio time as well to sweeten the pot... did i say reasonable? it was an offer i couldnt refuse... :)

• Members

hey neighbor!!! so how is this gig going?

things here have been picking up... we played another private party this evening and it went well enough to get a booking for another saturday evening for one of their friends plus a hundred dollar tip added to the agreed upon wage... and earlier this week, a friend asked to borrow my djembe for a track on his bands CD... no prob so i took it into the studio, got him set up and ended up doing the tracks for them... then the owner of the studio said he recognized me from one of the parrothead gigs where i was singing and playing guitar... looks like i may be getting some session work and some very reasonable studio time as well to sweeten the pot... did i say reasonable? it was an offer i couldnt refuse...
:)

Sounds like fun

Tuesday is the first gig. If it goes well, it's going to be a regular thing.

This is a sports pub so it's normally dead on Tues. So it's a good chance to experiment

You're welcome to come by

• Members

Sounds like fun

Tuesday is the first gig. If it goes well, it's going to be a regular thing.

This is a sports pub so it's normally dead on Tues. So it's a good chance to experiment

You're welcome to come by

where is it? my dance card looks a little hectic this week but next week may be a go...

Archived