Christmas Stars

steve mac

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing new, and all secular since there are a lot of non-Christians living here.

Have Yourself A Merrly Little Christmas

White Christmas

The Christmas Song

Jingle Bells / Sleigh Ride Medley

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Silver Bells

Here Comes Santa Claus

Jingle Bell Rock

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

And a few more that I can't recall without looking at the list.

Mostly farily tradidional arrangements.

And an aside:

Many of the people that live here in Florida moved from "Up North" and often I hear them sigh, "It just doesn't feel like Christmas when the weather is so warm". I replay that the Miami News once did a feature, and in a 100 year comparison, the US city with the temperatures closest to Bethlehem was Miami Florida.

So that "White Crhistmas" is nothing but "Yankee Propaganda" :D

Notes

• Members

Everybody has faith of some sort, unless you consider yourself a slave to electrical impulses. And that's no fun. Faith is kind of critical to recognizing human achievement. It's just a matter of where you stop. I think the religious songs are the best ones, because there's something special in the air when the church choir sings them with the organ and the dim lights and the candles. I'm a sucker for it. I also have fondness for Carols because when I was a kid we'd go to my grandma's house and the entire family would go in the "piano room" with guitars and accordions and all sing them together. The kind of thing I've only heard of in movies. Any way... Christmas rules! Wonderful Christmastime drools!

Archived