Annual USA Road Trip

steve mac

• Members

Will be flying into JFK tomorrow and spending a few weeks with the missus driving around the NE states. No route planned yet, but will be going as far east as Cape Cod and north as Buffalo.

We will be looking , as always, to enjoy some live music bars/coffee shops/wineries etc. So if anyone has any recommendations or better yet is playing and wants a couple of enthusiastic audience memebers let me know

• Members

Pogo - thanks for the offer and although we may walk over the bridge to see the falls from the Canadian side I can't see us going any further into Canada. But we are looking to have a full trip there soon so will definitely look you up then.

Bob would love to see you but I fear that Kalamazoo may be a touch far but will have to see how it goes 👍🏼

• Moderators

If you are spending any time in NYC, you might find my old neighborhood amusing...it was supposed to resemble a turn of the [last] century British village, and the West Side Tennis Stadium is there [beatles, Who, etc played there in the 60s]...let me know if that interests you, and I will give you directions.

Also if you have time, the Hudson River cruises are a good way to 'waste' a day...scenery, history, the GWB, the Tappan Zee....West Point...that's where I met John Lennon and Yoko Ono in 1971!

Next time you come to LA you can see our new place, as we're selling the 'Jungle ride' house...after 47 years in the family...5 generations... :(

• Members
im in DC' date=' but leaving tomorrow morning... a little better than 200 miles from yonkers as well...[/quote']

One day I will catch up with you my friend. We are currently in the exotically named Mystic Ct in the rain

• Members
ah, Mystic Seaport...I haven't been there since 1965...

Yonkers..are the trotters running?

Mystic beautiful, Yonkers, literally a bed for the night before moving on. In Pawtucket last night at a blues jam, you would have loved it

• 2 months later...

Archived