I need enlightening (stage lighting)

steve mac

• Members

Whilst I am all about easy load-in and setup, I fancy adding a bit of light. Accordingly I have bought, as it's Christmas, soft white battery fairy lights, to wrap around my boom stand. I thought these would also look good during evening patio gigs in the summer.

However my next idea is to place some sort of stage light on top of my speaker attached to the handle, but am not sure what fixing or bracket to use.

Anyone done anything similar or have ideas for a bracket?

• Moderators

I have accumulated a few ThinPar64s, which have their own brackets, so they can be hung, or stand on the floor on the twin brackets. I like them because they are lightweight, work with my Stomplight, and can either be set to one color as a wash, or allowed to react to the music on their own, or controlled with a light board [or in my case the Stompy]. Depending on the handle on your speaker, a simple 'C'-clamp should work fine.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Venue/Thinpar64-10-mm-LED-Lightweight-Par-Light.gc

• Members

I used to mount garden floodlights to the tops of my wooden speaker stands by screwing the bases in - guess that wouldn't work with all these plastic cabs.

Other than that, you can mount the par lights to your speaker stands but they might be too low.

• Moderators

Steve, Newer LED lamps put out like Zero heat, but plenty of light...and many are sound activated or self sequencing.

I got my Thinpars on sale for like $69.99. I've been using the StompLight for the past couple of years for solo and band work, and decided that more wash lighting was needed for the bands; one good wash works well for a solo.

Archived