Mother of Invention

skmarshall

• Members

My wife and I played a country dance this afternoon. We do about three quarters of our material with tracks, but when we're doing a song without tracks she uses the bass EQ control on her Roland RD300 to boost the bass, and her left hand becomes the bass player.

Well today the bass eq knob must have taken a hit in transport, so that it read "off" unless there was a light pressure on the top of the knob, and given that, the potentiometer would read its actual value, and we get the bass back. Couldn't tape it down, as it still had to turn to set the bass level. Whatever will we do?

So now you can say you saw somebody use a capo on a keyboard!

91fae90aa9eef37f5a0a072274cb54ec.jpg.56516821890a07ecdf11504784a032a2.jpg

• Moderators

well certainly if it worked, despite using a guitar doodad on a keyboard, you solved the problem with the materials at hand, like on Apollo 13... :thu:

had it been me, I might have taped a quarter over the top of the knob, allowing the knob to rotate freely while the tape/quarter kept a downforce on the potentiometer shaft ...

• Members

I'd have put a book or similar on top of the knob but whatever works. Congratulations on your ingenuity. Yes, I have now seen a capo on a keyboard. :thu: Our Music Director at church, who plays flute and keys, doesn't understand how a capo works. Maybe I can show her that pic. ;)

Archived