Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a gig today by simply liking a Facebook post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a gig today by simply liking a Facebook post.

I noticed that a small shop near my house was being converted into a bistro. Sort of a wine bar/coffee house deal. I looked them up on Facebook, liked, then sent them a message asking about gigs. Because it's a small place I made sure to stress I am small footprint and lower volume. Owner texted me back saying they would think about it.
    Today, I'm wasting time on Facebook and I see they've posted a picture of the construction. I like the post and 5 minutes later I get a text asking me to play the grand opening party.
    Score.
    If I play this right I could get a semi regular gig 5minutes from home!
    Member: IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS

Awesome - congrats! Good luck - I hope the grand opening turns into a semi-regular gig for you!

Please let us know how it goes.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Nice one
      Cheers Steve

Comment

I've made some worthwhile connections on facebook over the years. Good luck or skill?
        BD

Comment

right place, right time, right attitude...hope the gig works out. Did they mention anything about $?
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Working...
          X