free and weightless lead instruments

pogo97

• Members

Sometimes I'd like to take a lead break on something other than my rhythm instrument (piano or guitar). Here are two possibles:

1) whistling

[video=youtube;ARkn2niw-Jw]

2) scatting (break starts at about 1:25)

[video=youtube;eL6v12ShZE8]

HJuom-_aH

Not sure about tap dancing. (starts about 2: 00)

[video=youtube;3efj8pulaEI]

• Members
There's always kazoo... :idea:;)

Never, ever. Seriously, ***NEVER*** play Kazoo in public if you value your musical life.

I know this from bitter experience. I was accompanying/duoing with an excellent but aged (my age, now) singer and I hoped to get her to take some of the breaks, so I gave her a gold-plated kazoo for her birthday. She was a quick study and quickly became the best horn player in town. But people were horrified and embarrassed, thought she had lost her marbles, and it ruined her stage creds.

I think kazoo is cool, though I need both hands to play it properly. And if I ever need to ruin my reputation as a musician and a sane human being, I'll take one out on stage.

• Members

Cowbell easy to find them. I had got one from a farmer who found it in his barn. Took the clanger out and wrapped it with a little bit of electrical tape.

Who needs a Kazoo when you can use a comb and wax paper.:D2

My Grandfather taught me that one when I was about 5 (1964)!

• Members

Beat box? Nah. Real pitches and (kopff) melody. This is serious stuff. First you imitate guitar and then synths and sax and before you know it you have destroyed all your enunciation just to get to the notes. Forget looks and presence - unless you were homely to begin with.

• Members
Nose trumpet. I've heard a guy do this. Hands to his face, fingers on his nose, mic in his mouth, and he sounded much like a muted trumpet. Of course, you still have to take your hands to work.

Notes

the masters of all time:

[video=youtube;awhhQOr_Mq8]

• Members

I just spent ten minutes looking for a *good* tutorial on clapping -- how to get a strong pleasing clap sound for clapping with music. Couldn't find one! Found how clap fast, how to clap on 2 and 4 and a lot of junk. Help me !!!! (please)

• Members

During this tour, the cover for the band's debut album met with controversy. At a 28 February 1970 performance in Copenhagen, the band was billed as "The Nobs" as the result of a threat of legal action from aristocrat Frau Eva von Zeppelin, descendent of Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin creator of the Zeppelin aircraft, over use of the 'Zeppelin' name.[1] Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page commented to the music newspaper Melody Maker that Frau Eva von Zeppelin initially took issue during an early Led Zeppelin concert performance in Copenhagen in October 1969, when she tried (unsuccessfully) to stop a television appearance. The aristocrat angrily described the group as "shrieking monkeys".[2]

As a gesture of good will, the band invited her to meet with them at a television studio. The meeting was apparently a cordial one.[2] However, upon leaving the studio, her anger reignited when she saw the cover of the group's first album – the exploding Hindenburg aircraft. As Page recalled:

When she saw the cover she just exploded! I had to run and hide. She just blew her top.[2]

Frau von Zeppelin felt the band's use of Zeppelin was insulting and dishonoured her family name. As a result, hostility toward the rock group continued on their next tour of the country in early 1970 by threat of a lawsuit, unless they agreed to change their name while working there. While Peter Grant (the band's manager) was not normally passive when faced with a confrontation, it was decided to appease the aristocrat by temporarily changing the group's name.

Archived