Just when you think you're out...

mr3lions

• Members

*maybe a double post as my fat fingers can hold a guitar but have trouble with a phone.

Haven't posted here in4-5 years and wasn't a regular contributor then. Played in bands for years then did solo/duo acoustic gigs. Stopped when it became "work" and I found I was constantly pushing for the next gig.

Everytime I watch friends play I miss it and when the drummer from my last band passed a few months ago I decided it was time.

So, I'm practicing away, enjoying myself and I decided I'm going to stick to afternoon gigs (wineries, patios, etc)

Got some solids leads on gigs from guys that booked me before so that is covered. Interestingly the hardest part has been finding people to jam with. First I thought I'd do a duo to build up my confidence but friends and ex-bandmates have been really spotty. So I'm back to being a solo act. Although I'm positive when I start posting gigs I'll get the "Hey we were supposed to play together calls" lol

Anyway, I'm back.

P.s. thank god I downloaded OnSong years ago. Blew me away when I saw it was $27 cdn

• Members

I started a duo in 1985 with a singer I stole from another band, and we've been happily a duo since 1985 and still gigging.

If you find the right person, it can be a lot of fun, and in a duo, you have someone to share the good times and to lean on when you aren't feeling that well.

Notes

• Members

I got OnSong free a few years back when "The Spirit" moved them ;) . I think I actually posted the link here at the time? Anyways only started using it last year when a bug in the iOS DropBox app took them almost a year to fix :freak:. The reason I never started using it was I was waiting for V2.0 to come out "Any Day Now" - still waiting LOL.

Archived