Taking a Stand (bags for stands)

steve mac

• Moderators

Nope, I use a stand bag, it works; mine is about 9" [which is what, a quartermeter? ;) ] too long, but it works...

What do you find awkward? The handles? Tie a knot in them... :wave:

I kind of would like a shoulder strap for the rare times, like last month, where I had to set up on the beach in Malibu...no way to roll the cart across 75 feet [23m] of sand.

• Members
which is what' date=' a quartermeter? ;) [/quote']

It's fine, I use feet and inches too 😎

The main problem is that it's the end that opens and it's a bit awkward sliding the stands in, especially my guitar stand which I put in as well.

• Moderators
Not a drawstring' date=' it's a zip but it's awkward finagling a boom mike stand, guitar stand and a single speaker stand through the opening. I will keep looking.[/quote']

yes, you need one with a side opening if you are putting all that in there. Our band rig's Ultimate stands came in an open end/drawstring bag, and although easy to do, it only fits the two stands; I like having the extra entry space and ability to put other stuff into the bag.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=speaker+stand+bag&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=185256102151&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18416034287278543989&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=9041128&hvlocphy=9031170&hvtargid=kwd-65557851&ref=pd_sl_6ez65jdeis_b

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Coming from the world of video production, I was fortunate enough to find a tripod bag along the way. They are prefect for a couple of mic stands and a guitar stand. For speaker stands, I just bungee them together and throw them on a costco folding cart with the PA speakers. Picked up a Husky modular wheeled tool box and between that and the cart, I can move everything easily in a single trip. Dang handy for those long ingress/egress gigs. Thank heavens for disabled entrances....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

So asking a golfing buddy and he said he had a spare bag I could have and last night was the first time I have tried it. Pros it's huge, well padded, has quality wheels, full length zippers for easy access cons it's huge.

Just too big for me, if I was using a couple of speaker stands or perhaps in a duo maybe, but for little old me it's going to have to be a purpose built one. Mind it does take my iPad holder without taking it off the stand.

Here are a couple of snaps, I put my slipper in one for scale.

f3857c4cf4f6fb402a9928d98c6af7e4.thumb.jpg.529a93cd686d8b3ec8bd2f22771d98c1.jpg

090d54f1633fa9ec9c874cdf3ec08a13.thumb.jpg.c1fda1c877a07557dff0ecdd747b1779.jpg

• Members

ive considered just that for my gong stands. but i have three pieces that are 84 inches long, so... on the other end of the scale, ive been playing flutes on some gigs lately with a small group and carry everything from the car in one trip, and have a free hand... flutes in a shoulder bag, mic/mixer/cables/stuff in a small backpack, and roland cube street ex in one hand... look ma! no stands!

Archived