Best current tablet/computer holders?

Drummer44

• Members

Keys got a 2-in-1 Windows tablet/computer, and we'd like to attach it (clamp it) to her keyboard stand... since the display is significantly bigger than her Samsung Galaxy Tab A and she uses full scores.

The 2-in-1 is 8½" x 12½" x 3/4" thick and weighs 3½-lbs. I know thickness and weight will be significant issues...

And while we're at it, the Tab A she's been using recently was a replacement for a previous (and wider) Galaxy 10" tablet that crapped out, and the Tab A dimensions (6¼" x 10") don't really work all the well with the holders we've got on hand. We've been just making do, but it would be best if we get a new -- maybe more versatile system -- that would hold the Tab A more securely, too, so we could use that on a mic stand or on the drum rack or some such...

Would appreciate recommendations for best tablet/computer holders that might work for these.

Help?

-D44

• Moderators

Check the K&M website...https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Multimedia-Equipment/Holders

I did a thread on this for the guys here while at NAMM a couple of years back...there are a ton of units available, some good, some ...well, not as good...

Most of the holders are designed for mic stand mount, so I'm not sure what you'll find for a keyboard mount.

• Members

Thanks... I've looked a little at some of the new K&M mounts. Looks maybe like anything that will clamp onto a mic stand will also clamp onto her keyboard stand. I apparently can't find your earlier thread... Any models you'd either recommend or suggest I steer clear of?

I can position a music stand in front of her keyboard easily enough in the meantime; it's just not particularly elegant...

My 270° rack is a Gibraltar system, including a couple of "tables," but I haven't found anything in there that rings my chimes yet for this purpose....

-D44

Archived