I'd love to here if Potts misses gigging..

sventvkg

• Members

Too bad he's gone. We're all mostly gone. I assume he finished his degrees and went off to teach. He was good at what he did. Would have been one of the best in any small-mid size town. Since I took 5 years off playing covers and NEVER once missed gigging and I seem to be the only full time musician I know who doesn't LOVE what he does, I'm just curious.

It's what I do, what I'm best at but I don't really like it and definitely don't love it. I like the $$ for the short amount of total hours involved and can't do any better with anything else. I accept it and approach it like any other job. Very pragmatic. Every other dude I know loves it and considers himself lucky to be able to work. Anyway, my thoughts for the day!!!

• Members

I figured out what it is with me. And it's the same reason why I don't listen to any of my songs and I don't play any of my originals anymore. It really depresses and upsets me. It's like I've lost my connection to God. My art the divine. I never set out to play anybody else's material I never want to do. I just wanted to be an artist and create my own music and play it for people. So when I blew out of Nashville without anything really ever happening and all that hip-hopBladen tailgate bro country **************** was happening I just ****************ing buried it. And I know it's good and I got accolades for it there and I made the mistake of listening to it today on the way to my gig and it's just put me in a massive funk and I realize the psychology of why I ****************ing hate every single gig I play. I resent them. Because I see myself as an artist. Not playing other people stuff. I've always seen myself as people should be playing my stuff at cover gigs. It's funny although I would never kill myself I understand why artist do it and I also understand why some turn to alcohol and drugs. Now I've got to get through the rest of this gig and find a way to get out of this ****************ing funk... find a way to get to the point where I can listen to my own material again and even perform it without emotionally spiraling down.

Archived