oxygen8 + toshiba satellite 2410 = ?

• Members

That's why you should get the Ozone, or you will suffer with the laptop soundcard until you do something about it.

I have an Oxygen 8 and was going to sell it to get the Ozone, but the Ozone won't run solely off USB (requires a wall wart) so I bought the Edirol PCR-1 and I love it. The key feel isn't as nice as the Oxygen 8 but the PCR-1 is much handier, has a good audio interface, can drive headphones to painful levels, runs off the USB totally, and is the most portable controller made. Consider it.

• Members

One other thing - there is a freeware ASIO driver here:

http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/

that may allow you to use an Oxygen 8 and your laptop's soundcard with low-latency (emphasis on the word "may"). It works with my Fujitsu laptop... but my PCR-1's interface sounds better. Here's a picture of my laptop with my Edirol PCR-1:

PCRlaptop.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by The Pro

One other thing - there is a freeware ASIO driver here:

http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/

that may allow you to use an Oxygen 8 and your laptop's soundcard with low-latency (
emphasis on the word "may"
). It works with my Fujitsu laptop... but my PCR-1's interface sounds better. Here's a picture of my laptop with my Edirol PCR-1:

PCRlaptop.jpg

I already tried that ASIO4ALL driver, but I didn't see any improvement in my soundcard's performance :( ... oh... so sad.... waaaaaaaa

• Members

Originally posted by fleizenkruz

I already tried that ASIO4ALL driver, but I didn't see any improvement in my soundcard's performance
:(
... oh... so sad.... waaaaaaaa

Wait a minute - are you using a controller? The ASIO4ALL driver doesn't improve your soundcard's "performance" but it allows you to use an ASIO driver to PLAY your softsynths through your soundcard in real time with a controller. Get a softsynth program and a controller of some kind and then try the ASIO4ALL driver - let us know what happens.

• Members

Originally posted by The Pro

Wait a minute - are you using a controller? The ASIO4ALL driver doesn't improve your soundcard's "performance" but it allows you to use an ASIO driver to PLAY your softsynths through your soundcard in real time with a controller. Get a softsynth program and a controller of some kind and then try the ASIO4ALL driver - let us know what happens.

doooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... stupid me.....

that's why I turn to you guys for these kind of questions :cool:

Archived