Monitor for P-250 piano

lvercaut

• Members

davehorn, they' re not in the same room...

I know on this forum are a lot of guys with a P80, 90, 120, 200, 250, S80, S90, Motif(ES),Roland RD's and Kurzweil's.I really want to know how they do the (stereo) trick at home ?

• Members

I like using the Mackie HR824's with my P250. They're powerful, and you can adjust range of the speakers 3 ways depending on how close the monitors are from the wall. The overall sound is very realistic, and satisfying to play. I don't use a subwoofer and they sound great.

Now, that said...:) If anyone has used the 824's and then used something else they liked better, I'd like to hear why. I've had my monitors about 4 yrs., and if there's something better, I'd like to hear about it.

• Members

Why not just add a decent subwoofer like the Bowers & Wilkins AS-1, costs EUR 350.

Nice to see an Antwerp based forumite on this board.

Incidentally, do you know any good teacher in the neighbourhood for jazzy stuff ??

PS I use a P-80 with Yamaha MSP5 monitors which give me satisfactory bass (with piano at least).

• Members

Nice to see an Antwerp based forumite on this board.

Thank you :) For me you are all very welcome too !

The AS-1 looks great but don't you think i will damage him because it's a Hi-Fi speaker ? The're also no jack inputs, only cinch.

Are you looking for a jazzpiano teacher in Antwerp ?

• Members

1. The AS-1 looks great but don't you think i will damage him because it's a Hi-Fi speaker ? The're also no jack inputs, only cinch.

It has a 'Line in' which you should be able to connect with an adapter cable (jack one side and cinch the other).

I frankly believe you will not harm it.

I've played my P80 through my stereo system before I bought the monitors without damaging it, keeping the volume at normal levels of course...

2. Are you looking for a jazzpiano teacher in Antwerp ?

Well yes, problem is I'm not a fluid note reader (this being said, I can read notes, but cannot immediately translate in playing since I'm not classically trained - know what I mean?) can you recommend me someone ? Thanks

• Members

In Antwerp is a music shop called "Muziek en Visie".They will advice you to take lessons from Mr. Patrick Hikketik. I know that he really is a good teacher because i followed up a few months one of his students and the guy made big progression month after month. But i don't know if he'll immediately wil direct you in the jazzy way.Maybe it's possible but i don't know that !

There shure are other good teachers in Antwerp, some of them giving ( almost private ) lessons(max 3 or 4 students) in music shops (for example: Musicoffice) but for a much lower price than normal.

I hope this helps you a little ! ;)

• Members

Personally I plan to try out a PC audio system in the coming months to use with PC soft synths and a S-90.

I'd like to test the following models, each of them having in theory sufficient power (400+ W RMS)

* Creative Gigaworks S750

* Logitech Z-640

* Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra

Especially the last one will take some time before it is available in Europe in a 220 Volt version.

If you want a subwoofer only, I think that http://www.svsubwoofers.com might have somthing that suits you fine. They have raving review in terms of value.

• Members

A few weeks ago i tried the Klipsch Promedia 2.1.

Basses sounded very good, tight and without distortion.The satellites did have a little problem when i hit the fff samples.But the Klipsch are very,very nice sounding multimedia speakers.I played my P-250 for hours, i just couldn't stop.:D

Archived