If you had songs on MP3.com before it tanked, read this

scubyfan

• Members

www.MP3isBack.com

You can now get your music back, apparently for free. :)

Edit: Be careful and read the contract before agreeing to get your music, as this could be a trick to sign your music away and put it totally at their disposal. Remember how they were supposed to delete the content? That was probably a trick to get people to go back and sign up with them, and thus, agree to their licensing scheme. It's just my opinion, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Members

Haaa haaa haa haaaa haaaa *choke* haa haa haaa haaaa hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wonder if they were listening to all of my bitching!

also, why would I wanna pay a bill for their "services" ????

sounds like more bull{censored} to me.

Guess I should read up... :)

I think that it's cheaper still to build your own website...

• Members

Yep, probably. I recall a lot of people were disappointed when MP3 fell; partly that it was a good service at one time, but mainly because they had their only copies on MP3.com. Silly thing to do by all measures, but at least there's a chance to get 'em back! :D

• Members

Only if they were unfortunate enough to erase their HD before checking what they included in the last backup.. Uh oh. I once managed to erase at least 10 songs with lots of tracks that way. With a DVD burner, backups should no longer be a problem, and everybody can afford one these days, especially the NEC 2500 something.

• Members

I had an entire CD on a drive that tanked. The only backups were online in mp3s. Fortunately they were on other sites than MP3.com, two of which are now up at Download.com but not live yet. Trusonic only had four of my former MP3.com tunes and they were some weaker ones at that so I passed on the offer.

Steve

Archived