If you were me ..

protues9

• Members

What would you do?

I so far am running Fruity Loops 4 .. Vstation a demo of Albino and some free softsynths .. I also have a midiman 1x1

I need a controller .. I like the edirol 30 key .. I think that's right .. and I also want an XP 30 ..

Should I buy the edirol to save my sanity first, then just keep saving for the xp 30? Or just go the distance and buy the xp 30 and use it for both ? And down the road I do .. will play live but Im not going to want to bring the xp 30 .. Which is mainly what I wanted the edirol for .. For use with my laptop ..

And of course I do want a virus..:) eventually ..

• Members

The Edirol won't be useless, because the sliders and knobs can be programmed to control FL Studio or any other DAW or soft synth, unlike the XP-30, which doesn't even have knobs. I would get at least four octaves tho, like the PCR-50.

The XP-30 is still a classic, of course. :)

• Members

maybe something like a Yamaha EX-7 would make a much better controller than the XP-30, cost about the same, and has many advantages over the Roland

did i just say that?....

Another great controller/synth-if you like compact packages- is the Korg Prophecy, a real classic... not a multimbral-multipoly synth, but the Prophecy chews up romplers between lunch and tea time.

Archived