YES acoustic songs: Superb!

C. Martin

• Members

Hey,

Man, the YES Anniversary collection CD set is superb!:D Especially the acoustic songs. "South side of the sky(acoustic) is outstanding. The whole set is superb. I am going to see YES in concert in May(so soon! So excited!Im right in front of rick wakeman!!:cool: ) Any of you guys a fan of the new YES CD set?

p120dUdE

• Members

Not familiar with the anniversary CD, but I am a Yes fan and have been for many years. South Side of the Sky, man that brings back some memories. It's suddenly 30 years ago, and I'm listening to it in my room.. wanting to BE Wakeman... Great tune, and probably my second favorite from the album, although really, I like every piece on it. Heart of the Sunrise is from the same album ( Fragile ), and I think of it as a masterpiece in it's era.

I used to do the obligatory Wakeman / Emerson comparisons back in the day, ( also a huge ELP fan here ) but really, even to this day, I can't pick a clear favorite between the two, except to say that they are easily my favorite rock keyboardists, of any era.

AJ

• Members

counting one on GM forum, one on KC forum, and one before on HC, this is the fourth YES thread in a shortwhile. i dont know why, but i like it :D :D :D

i gotta buy some of their recent/anniversary/live dvd stuff. everybody's talking about it, and i only have the 70s albums...

• Members

Originally posted by SirGarrote

what can i say....YES makes it hard for me to control my excitement.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Led Zeppelin: Oh boy... It's [insert any Led Zep song title here].... Again... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SirGarrote

oh, and let me throw this in here too: What's better: YES or peanut butter?

Hmmm, now that's a tough call. I guess you'll have to start yet another apples vs. oranges poll thread on that one. :D Oh boy.... Another poll thread... Great.

• Members

I saw Yes in So. Cal. on Tuesday and the Acoustic section (beginning of 2nd set) was truly the highlight. That was the first acoustic stuff I've seen them do besides Steve Howe solo spots. Wakeman was playing a grand piano and was amazing. They changed the feel of Roundabout sort of like Clapton did with Layla on unplugged. It was a huge hit.

Wakeman and Howe trading leads at the end of Southside of the Sky was the other highlight.

• Members

Hey, Yes is awesome.. why not take every opportunity to talk about them that we can? :)

Anyone see the pic on Yesworld of Yes with Jack Black and KEITH EMERSON? Exciting..

Setlists are sounding exciting from this tour... wish they were coming this way or wish I coudl go see them.. but it seems that a show with my band will now have sealed the deal on not going now.. o well..

Archived