Marshall Keyboard Amps

percyexpat

• Members

Marshalls never made keyboard amps to the best of my knowledge. Their also unaware of haveing made keyboard amps according to searchfuction of their website. They do make bass amps. Those developed a reputation for easily blown speakers during the 70's & 80's due to weak bass speaker construction by celestion. Marshalls website if ya want to try your own search for keyboard amps. Myself though a fairly big fan of Marshalls, whose paid attention to what they where making over the past 30 some years, cant remember em ever haveing keyboard amps. http://www.marshallamps.com/

• Members

Originally posted by Darkstorm

Marshalls never made keyboard amps to the best of my knowledge. ...

Oh contraire. There was a Marshall keyboard amp back in the late 80's early 90's. It had a 15" woofer and a piezo driven horn. Actually it sounded quite good for the time although a little iffy on headroom. I had one for quite a while but it has been so long ago that I don't really remember any specifics like number of channels, E.Q. etc. I do remember that the cabinet was silver tolex. And the look that I always got from the guitar players when I wheeled it in was priceless. :)

Dave

• Members

I had one too for a while. It didn't really look like a Marshall amp except for a small plate on the front, and it didn't perform like a Marshall either... it was all solid state. Not bad sound but better amps could be had for less money even back then.

• Members

Originally posted by WDMcM

Oh contraire. . .

Dave McMahan

Product & Support Mgr.

Generalmusic USA

GEM Community Forums

Aha!

This is great news that you dropped by, howdy Dave! There are a lot of folks here interested in the new line of GEM pianos, which can be kind of hard to find in the USA. I hope on one of the regular piano threads we have here that you can drop in to answer questions, you know, like where are they and how much? :)

• Members

Originally posted by Birdienumnum

Aha!

This is great news that you dropped by, howdy Dave! There are a lot of folks here interested in the new line of GEM pianos, which can be kind of hard to find in the USA. I hope on one of the regular piano threads we have here that you can drop in to answer questions, you know, like where are they and how much?
:)

Howdy to you to! I am happy to answer any questions about Generalmusic products; all you have to do is ask. :)

BTW: Here is a listing of the keyboard amp models that Marshall offered;

5301 Keyboard 12, 12W 1x10" keyboard combo

This keyboard combo was introduced in 1986 and was probably discontinued in 1991.

5302 20W 1x10" keyboard combo

This keyboard combo was introduced in 1984 and was discontinued in 1988.

5305 50W 1x12" keyboard combo

This keyboard combo was introduced in 1984 and was discontinued in 1988. It was a split channel master volume amp.

5306 60W 1x15" keyboard combo

This keyboard combo was introduced in 1984 and was discontinued in 1988. It was a split channel master volume amp.

NOTE: This information was found at Dr. Tube.

I think I still have the original product brochure for my old 5306, but it could be packed away deep in my basement. If I run across it I will post a picture. It was really cool. It had the same nameplate as every other Marshall but it was painted white to contrast with the black grill cloth and silver tolex.

Best Regards,

Dave

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Anyone play through them? They crop up quite often on Ebay but I can't find any reference to any kind of Marshall keyboard amp anywhere on the Internet!

Thanks.

If 50 watts is enough, try Marshall's acoustic guitar amp, the AS 50-D. I've found good acoustic guitar amps can more accurately reproduce synth sounds than keyboard amps. I use a Roland AC90 for my synyhs.

In that wattage and price range, you might also try the JBL Eon PA.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived