polysix apreggiator sync issue... need help.

sleepykeith

• Members

so i'm trying to sync my polysix arp to my mpc... i'm running a midi cord from the mpc to a kenton prosolo midi/cv converter, which is running into the arpeggiator clock in on the polysix.

it sync's the arp just fine, the problem is that it's always sync'd up to the "off" beat. if that makes sense.

when i press a key even when on the 1 count it will skip a beat and play the arp on "every other" click. i hope this is making sense. when i tried this the first time i seem to remember figuring out how to correct it. i even recorded with it... but now i can't. any help would rock.

thanks.

• Members

hello?

anyone there?

listen, i'm trying to sync my polysix's arpeggiator to a midi clock via a kenton prosolo MKII midi converter... but so far it's "inverting" the signal.

when i press a key it skips a beat and then plays on the up beat instead of the down beat. i know there has to be a simple solution... likely something to do with how i have the kenton set up, but i can't seem to figure it out.

anyone own one of these?

• Members

Unfortunately probably not the response you want to hear, but I did this with my Alesis SR-16 and it does the exact same thing. The thing is, the arp input works off voltage peaks; if you take the 1/4" jack tip and tap it against the outer ring of the arp input, it will sound a note. It's all about voltage, and the MPC probably does not put out a strong signal on every single beat, which is why you will have skipped beats.

• Members

The Kenton has a switchable Gate (Trig) mode. You have to set it to S-Trig. It is parameter 16 ( at least on the Prosolo mk-II ).

The clock output on the Kenton is +V and is not adjustable. Only the number of pulses per bar is adjustable.

WT

Archived