Simulating wave switching on the XTk

Array

• Members

Hey guys,

I found a little nifty trick today. It gives the impression of stepping through a wavetable, instead of smoothly sweeping through it.

What I did is set LFO 1 to square shaped, synced to clock at 1/16 notes. Then I took the filter envelope and gave it an attack of about 60, decay of zero, sustain 100%, and zero release.

Next I went into the modifiers section and selected Modify #1. Source 1 is set to FilterEnv, Source 2 is LFO1, type is S&H, and Parameter is set to 100%. Then in the mod matrix I have the source set to Modify #1, Amound +63, and destination set to wave postion. Sounds outright MEAN! Give it a try :D

• Members

Well, its not exactly wave switching, but it does give your wavetable sweeps a bit more of a rough edge. If you want to make it even steppier, set the Parameter value lower, to something in the 80's or 90's range.

• Members

Originally posted by XorAxAx

Wow.

I think the modifiers are one of the coolest features of the XT. I bet they are also one of the least used features.

Did you give it a try? I'm determined to put my CS degree to use and figure out the whole modifiers section...it's about time, I've owned the synth long enough :eek:

• Members

Not yet. I've been building cables for my home theater lately. Gotta get it ready for OU/Texas tomorrow. 'twas just remarking on how cool the modifiers section is.

I certainly will give it a try when I have synth time again.

• Members

I have an MP3 if anyone can host it.

I played around with the patch some more, and it doesnt seem like the LFO does much....more than anything, the S&H modifier makes the the envelope steppy. Anyone know how to superimpose LFO shapes onto an envelope?

Archived