Ultimate VA?

thegloaming

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by thegloaming View Post
What do you guys consider the ultimate VA synth out there new or old??
I like the warmth of the Supernova, the huge flexibility of the Nord Modular. I like the Virus filter a lot. But there is no ultimate VA (DSP subtractive synth) because, VA's are where romplers were in the early 1990s. They've only just begun.

Jerry

• Members

The Korg Z1 has a pretty cool VA implementation...it also does a type of FM synthesis and physical modelling, which doesnt sound all that realistic but can make some crazy sounds. The filters are good, nothing too special but the modulation matrix and cool variety of oscillators more than make up for it...it's a fantastic synth.

• Members

Is the Supernova much different from the Nova Laptop? I had one of those a few years ago, but sold it. I still have a selfmade soundbank for it, so i wonder if i should rebuy it, or just get a Blofeld. Need something small and digital as company for my Moog LP... wink.gif

As for the Ultimate VA, I guess thats difficult to answer...They are all so different..

• Members

I have never heard a patch on an analog/VA/ modular/ wavetable/ FM/ granular synth- hard or soft- that didn't sound much better and richer in Vaz Modular- it wins every A/B test you can throw at it

in hardware- I keep seeing that many still think the old AN1x sounds the best-

Archived